gcmd-devel

[gcmd-dev] Re: The mailing lists.

From: Micha
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 02:07:41 +0100

| > 3. I'm seriously considering dropping support for variable-width font.
| > It complicates the whole viewer, and currently line wrapping and text
| > selection do not work at all with variable-width font. What do you think ?

I'm not using var fonts for filemanagement either.
I mean, if i want to read a word doc then i start openoffice,
what else ? But when i only want to have a quick look inside, with
one click or key, to decide if it's worth to keep, or can be deleted,
then plain text is quite ok. The same applies to every other format.

mc has elinks (lynx-clone) plugin for html, but there's another decision:
elinks starts with image view on X, but again, that's not what i'd expect
from an internal viewer, because i can start my preferred browser with left
click anyway. What i expect from internal viewer, is to have plain text
(html2text)
to have quick insight into 'core information', and highlightened sourcecode
lookup would be cool too.

How about mc's "mcedit" plugin ? It can highlight many more langauges.
I suggested that before, using 'mc' libs,  just by include dependency.
You could even 'plugin' the whole mcedit editor, as internal editor,
it is quite usable and has nice features. I still use it for hacking scripts.

   °
 /\/