fsuk-manchester

[Fsuk-manchester] Stockport & S/E Manchester Hackspace - 10th October, 7

From: Jon Spriggs
Subject: [Fsuk-manchester] Stockport & S/E Manchester Hackspace - 10th October, 7PM
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 12:42:16 +0100

This meeting is to further discuss our Hackspace in Stockport. Please note the new location

We'll be at the Town Cafe Bar's function room, Heaton Moor, SK4 4NZ on Thursday 10th October from 7pm until we get kicked out!

The meeting will discuss the ongoing progress of the hunt for a more permanent venue, the idea of creating an electronics kit, Jon wants to talk about the Amateur Radio Foundation Course and after which we'll probably chat about hacking and rip stuff apart! So if you want to bring stuff to prod, probe, break, fix or generally tear apart, please feel free!

How to get there

Remember, although this is listed with a Stockport Postcode, the venue for this event is within the M60, and closer to Manchester City Centre than Didsbury, with very frequent train and bus links, plus easy access to major routes into Manchester and Stockport.

By Train

Take the train from either Stockport (STP) or Manchester Piccadilly (MAN) to Heaton Chapel (HTC) train station which is approximately a 10 minute walk from the pub.

By Bus

If you want to get the bus, the 42A and 173 buses go right past the pub and the 192 stops on Stockport Road (the A6).

42A Bus Timetable
173 Bus Timetable
192 Bus Timetable

By Car

For those in cars or who live nearby, here are two different maps of the same place by different organisations:

MultiMap
OpenStreetMap

There are lots of nearby side streets and a car park a short distance away.