Re: Need Help!!Getting Different glyph_locations in freetype 2.0.9 and 2

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Need Help!!Getting Different glyph_locations in freetype 2.0.9 and 2.10.0
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2023 06:27:57 +0000 (UTC)

> I need help in knowing how we are getting different glyph_locations
> in freetype version 2.0.9 and 2.10.0.

I don't have time to analyze this in detail, but, as Lawrence
observed, you *must not* rely on internal implementation details of
FreeType.

> I understand both are very different version initially we were using
> 2.0.9 version and creating the font data for post script(.ps file)
> we are using these location to write the data in post script file as
> post script has limitation in writing the number of bytes and after
> a certain threshold(65519 characters) it adds a new line.

In general, FreeType is not suited at all as a library to manipulate
PostScript files.

Regardless of that, the correct way is to extract the 'loca' table
with `FT_Load_Sfnt_Table` and parse the table by yourself.  This is
rather trivial to do, so it shouldn't be much work – and doing so
makes your code future-proof.