Re: release 2.12.1 causes fontconfig to fail to build (with 2.11.1 fontc

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: release 2.12.1 causes fontconfig to fail to build (with 2.11.1 fontconfig builds OK)
Date: Mon, 09 May 2022 05:12:01 +0000 (UTC)

> > This looks like
> >
> >   https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/freetype/freetype/-/issues/1146
> > It seems perhaps so.
>
> I don't know anything about FT_CONFIG_OPTION_SYSTEM_ZLIB nor how or
> when to use it, so advice would be welcomed.

Looking again at your original e-mail I now see that you are
configuring FreeType incorrectly:

```
./configure
  --with-sysroot="..." \
  --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32
  --prefix="..." \
  --disable-shared \
  --enable-static \
  --build=x86_64-linux-gnu \
  --with-zlib="/home/u/Desktop/.../x86_64-w64-mingw32" \   <---
  --with-harfbuzz=no
```

If you say `./configure --help` you get the following:

```
  --with-zlib=[yes|no|auto]
                        use system zlib instead of internal library
                        [default=auto]
Some influential environment variables:
  ZLIB_CFLAGS C compiler flags for ZLIB, overriding pkg-config
  ZLIB_LIBS   linker flags for ZLIB, overriding pkg-config
```

You are setting `--with-zlib` to a path.  FreeType's `configure`
script interprets this as `no`, thus making FreeType use its internal
zlib library...