HarfBuzz now renders COLRv1

From: Behdad Esfahbod
Subject: HarfBuzz now renders COLRv1
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2022 12:07:44 -0700

Hi,

HarfBuzz now renders COLRv1, in two ways:

  1. a native implementation,

  2. using the FreeType API.

For the latter, we found a couple of issues that I like to report:

  - In using FT_Get_Paint_Layers(), I found that I need to initialize the out-parameter FT_OpaquePaint to zero, otherwise the API won't work. I confirmed this in the code, yet this seems undocumented,

  - In our implementation we need to access color-stops starting at arbitrary offset. Currently looks like the iterator in FT_Get_Colorline_Stops() does not allow that, so we have to iterate from the beginning every time. We also have to reset the iterator so we can iterate it multiple times.