How to calculate the size of FT_RENDER_POOL for 240x320 LCD

From: ricky rocky
Subject: How to calculate the size of FT_RENDER_POOL for 240x320 LCD
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2022 08:53:37 +0900

Hi All,

I have a question about renderning pool size.
I am using truetype font (.ttf) for 240x320 lcd.

In ftoption.h, FT_RENDER_POOL is defined as below.

#define FT_RENDER_POOL_SIZEĀ  16384L

This definition is used in smooth/ftgrays.c/gray_convert_glyph() as a local buffer.
For my small RAM chip, it is the large size.

For 240x320 LCD, Could I reduce this size? and how much is good?
I would appreciate if you could tell me how to calculate the size.

Thanks & Best regards.