Re: Some error after compiled and linked to the freetype file on M1 Macb

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Some error after compiled and linked to the freetype file on M1 Macbook :(
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2022 05:32:07 +0000 (UTC)

> I successfully configured the file and include it normally.  There
> is no error after linking, but when I have FT_Init_FreeType, it
> gives me Undefined symbols for architecture arm64:
>
>   "_FT_Init_FreeType", referenced from:
>   main in main-a92552.o
>   ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture arm64
>   clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1
>                 (use -v to see invocation),
>
> After carefully reading INSTALL.UNIX and fix the so-called
> “Interdependency with HarfBuzz” problem, I still cannot fix this
> error, it there something wrong with the arm64 architecture?

You don't give sufficient information to make any conclusions.  Which
FreeType version?  Have you tried current git of FreeType?  How
*exactly* did you compile?  How *exactly* do you link?  Have you tried
to compile and link a very simple, single demo file for testing
purposes?

Have you looked up other programs that use cmake and link with
FreeType?  For example, you could install MacPorts and check how other
programs link to FreeType.