Functions in ftcolor.c not defined

From: Lenka Polášková
Subject: Functions in ftcolor.c not defined
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2021 09:03:47 +0200

Hi developers,
I am turning to you with my problem to use colors as described here.
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/freetype/freetype/-/issues/1099
To invoke this issue I use a function FT_Palette_Set_Foreground_Color in my source code (in the attachment). The tail of make log file is also in the attachment.
The aim of my work is to show a text on an OLED display. This works but it looks ugly. Half of a text is not visible and there is a black background that I can't change.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/69222145/freetype-set-size-and-color-of-bounding-box
Is there something I have missed?

I will appreciate help
Lenka Polaskova