FW: Values of variables has changed after upgrading library.

From: Jain, Ankit
Subject: FW: Values of variables has changed after upgrading library.
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 04:04:15 +0000

Hello Team,

In our product we are in process to upgrade freeType library from 2.0.9 to 2.10.0 version and compiled the library in 64Bit.

After loading the font using function FT_New_Memory_Face, the values of underline_position is coming different in comparing to newer and older versions. Due to this underline position in our output has moved a few pixels.

For example: If we load ‘Arial Regular’ font, the value of underline_position in older version is -217 and in new version it is -292.

Similarly after loading the Glyph the values of variables inside metrics are also different.

Can you please give an advise on this.

Thanks