flexisip-developers

IPv6 Media Relay to backend server uses wrong address family

From: Finn H
Subject: IPv6 Media Relay to backend server uses wrong address family
Date: Mon, 22 May 2023 11:06:18 -0700

Hello,

I am attempting to configure flexisip to act as a media relay. I have both IPv4 and IPv6 on the client app (Linphone on iOS), Flexisip and the upstream SIP server. When I try to make a call from the app, I can hear audio from the remote side, but the remote side cannot hear anything from the app and eventually the SIP server kills the call due to media timeout. During such a call, flexisip logs the following message approximately twice a second:

flexisip-warning-Error sending 20 bytes (localport=26459 dest=2604:a880:2:d0::53c2:1:24935) : Address family not supported by protocol

It seems like flexisip is trying to send media using the wrong address family. I could be wrong, but it looks like https://gitlab.linphone.org/BC/public/flexisip/-/issues/5

That issue hasn't seen any activity in 3 years, is there some kind of workaround that I've missed?

Thanks,

--
Finn Herzfeld
Accelerate Networks