flexisip-developers

Re: Video conference capabilities

From: Peio Rigaux
Subject: Re: Video conference capabilities
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2022 09:28:36 +0100

I want to test app for audio/ video call video conference and I see linphone has chat
Well, if you manage to configure the conference-server module of Flexisip to make videoconference work then you can use it, yes. However, to do so, you should build Flexisip yourself on the branch feature/conference_outbound_PROXY, and look at the code and to flexisip.conf comments to get hints about configuration (we can't help you on this point for free, as this feature isn't released yet on main branch, and as it would take us business time to document each parameter).

Can I used chat and group chat for my small business?
Yes, as long as you comply with the GPLv3 for the app and AGPLv3 for the server (basically, no use with proprietary code, and share the source of the original code + your eventual modifications), and that you do not redistribute the app publicly with the name "Linphone" (in the app stores for example).

Please note that you should then configure each app to use your Flexisip instance in place of sip.linphone.org (or set a remote provisioning facility, like in the flexisip-account-manager).

Can I  store chats in flexisip?
Not really. Flexisip doesn't store chats in DB. You can always parse the logs if you want to (and if the chats are not end to end encrypted).

Regards,

Peio Rigaux
Junior DevOps Engineer
Linphone.org