Re: compiling an Espresso 3.3.1 on HPC

From: Rudolf Weeber
Subject: Re: compiling an Espresso 3.3.1 on HPC
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2021 11:02:48 +0100

Hi,

first of all, I strongly suggest, you move to a current version of Espresso. We
stopped supporting the tcl-base 3.3 version ages ago.

> I'm trying to install Espresso on a hpc platform but I'm getting the
> following error message:
>
>   CXXLD    Espresso.install
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lnuma
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -liconv
> make[3]: *** [Espresso.install] Error 1
You are probably missing some dependencies. From the error you posted it is not
clear to me, which that could be.
On most hpc systems, you can load them via modules. The support desk at you hpc
center might help you identify the correct ones.

Regards, Rudolf