Errors while installing ESPResSO

From: Angelos Mourkas
Subject: Errors while installing ESPResSO
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2020 14:07:42 +0200

Greetings,

My name is Angelos Mourkas, a new user of ESPResSO from Greece. I am doing my PhD at the University of Ioannina, Department of Material Science and Engineering.

I have a problem in getting the program to work. I use Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. I believe i have installed all the necessary packages for the program to work. I have a Ryzen 3 2200g (integrated graphic card vega 8) and a discrete graphic card (nvidia 1030gt). I have downloaded and installed nvidia drivers (this is the card i use) and also i have installed the cuda drivers through the commands from the documentation.

Everything is fine until i run the "make" command, where it reports an error concerning <rocrand/rocrand_kernel.h> and another one at EspressoCore_generated_lb_inertialess_tracers_cuda.cu.o.cmake:120.

If I ignore the message and continue to the python enviroment, when i enter the command "print(espressomd.features())" it returns the message

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
AttributeError: module 'espressomd' has no attribute 'features'

Can you please help me installing the program?

Best Regards

Angelos Mourkas