espressomd-devel

[ESPResSo-devel] [bug #34476] virtual_sites_relative not working with so

From: Stefan Kesselheim
Subject: [ESPResSo-devel] [bug #34476] virtual_sites_relative not working with some mesh based methods (maggs, lb)
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2011 10:15:29 +0000

Follow-up Comment #2, bug #34476 (project espressomd):

Hi,
@Axel: To me this seems to be true if using cell lists with verlet lists. If
VL are disabled particles the cell lists are supposed to be automatically
updated if a particles leaves a cell. This seems to be done in the main loop,
but (correctly) beforce updating the virtual sites (relative).
To my understanding LB enforces usage of cell lists without verlet lists
because it can not handle particles where the cell lists do not exactly
resemble their actual positions.
This might not be necessary if the halo is large enough compared to the skin,
but this has to be worked out.

If the cell lists are updated after propagating the virtual sites's positions
(again) everything seems to be working.

I however hesitate to include this into the master, because I consider it an
ugly workaround, but maybe you can take a look:
https://github.com/kessel/espresso/commit/cc89436ac7be21dae9e9796978ea4c4b22e4cd77

Cheers
Stefan

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?34476>