espressomd-devel

[ESPResSo-devel] ESPResSo relocation

From: Olaf Lenz
Subject: [ESPResSo-devel] ESPResSo relocation
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 11:40:09 +0100

Hi everybody!

As some of you have already heard either on the developer's list or at the ESPResSo tutorial at ICP in October, ESPResSo is being relocated. While the maintenance of ESPResSo so far was done by Torsten Stühn at the Max-Planck-Institute for Polymer Research in Mainz (MPIP), it will now move over to the Institute for Computational Physics (ICP) in Stuttgart, where I will care for its maintenance and release management.

Let's thank Torsten for his great work during the last years!

While the source code and home page of ESPResSo so far was hosted at a server at MPIP, we are now moving the source code to the server of the GNU project, Savannah, while the home page of ESPResSo will be moving to the new site and address.

In the next days and weeks I will send a series of mailings as I am moving component after component to its new locations (mailing lists, bug tracker, VCS, home page).

Stay tuned!

  Olaf

--
Dr. rer. nat. Olaf Lenz
Institut für Computerphysik, Pfaffenwaldring 27, D-70569 Stuttgart