espressomd-devel

Re: [ESPResSo-devel] Book-keeping of bonded partners

From: Tristan Bereau
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-devel] Book-keeping of bonded partners
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 09:50:17 -0400

Dear Christoph and Hanjo,

Thanks for your help.

The reason why I am not using a bonded potential is because I have
implemented a directional lennard-jones potential. That is, a product
of a LJ potential with angular dependence. This directionality is
provided by two bonded partners attached to each particle. So it's
really a non-bonded interaction, but I use the bonded partners to get
information about angular dependence.
I want to do this in order to recreate hydrogen bonds in a
coarse-grained fashion.
I thought I would find bonded partners in a dynamic way, but it
doesn't seem easy to do if the bond list is not communicated for
non-bonded interactions.

The alternative is probably to make sure my bonded partners have
particle IDs directly preceeding and following the main particle, but
this is by far not the best thing to do.

Thanks,

Tristan