espressomd-devel

Re: [ESPResSo-devel] Open MPI - Issue resolved

From: Axel Arnold
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-devel] Open MPI - Issue resolved
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 10:04:40 +0200

On Wednesday 04 July 2007 05:54, Kai Grass wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was able to isolate the reported error. (Testcase harm.tcl failed
> for 2 nodes with error Error occured: error waiting for process to
> exit: child process lost (is SIGCHLD ignored or trapped?).)
> It is caused when closing the piped-gzip-input stream. When reading a
> standard (not zip'ed) file, closing works fine, on a piped-input
> closing immediately collects all errors and throws them.

Unfortunately, this reminds me of a similar problem with our
InfiniBand-Cluster. There, pipes are simply ignored; they work as /dev/zero
rsp /dev/null. You have to read and write directly from/to files. If we want
to get the testsuite running on such clusters, we need to remove all
on-the-fly compression.

Many regards,
Axel

--
Dr. Axel Arnold
FOM Institute for Atomic and Molecular Physics