Emms Browse in terminal complains about needing the window system when t

From: Nathan R. DeGruchy
Subject: Emms Browse in terminal complains about needing the window system when thumbnails are enabled
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2022 20:02:53 +0000

Hello,

For a while now, I've been using Emacs in the GUI frame mode, but I've recently
taken to using Emacs in the terminal. When I call emms-smart-browse from a
terminal session, and I try to expand an album in my library, Emacs complains
about needing the window system. Now, I know that displaying images in the
terminal is off the table, but it's odd there isn't some guard against this in
practice.

Anyway, I was able to work around it by not specifying emms-browser-covers
unless Emacs is using a window system. ala:

(when (window-system)
  (setq emms-browse-covers 'emms-browser-cache-thumbnail-async))

https://git.degruchy.link/ndegruchy/Emacs/src/branch/main/settings.d/required-packages.el#L117-L139

yrk on #emacs said I should write in and report it as a bug.

Thanks!