Re: Adding a description text property for a track

From: Yuchen Pei
Subject: Re: Adding a description text property for a track
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2022 09:05:33 +1100

On Mon, Mar 14 2022, Grant Shangreaux wrote:

> Yoni Rabkin <yoni@rabkins.net> writes:
>
>> Grant Shangreaux <grant@churls.world> writes:

>>> yeah you're right. it does reflect it. i must have not properly saved
>>> the cache last i tried. another nice feature i just didn't realize was
>>> actually there =)
>>
>> So I guess the question now is: why didn't the cache sync?
>
> if i remember correctly, the cache doesn't save unless you quit Emacs,
> or manually ask it to save. Its often that I don't quit Emacs but my
> laptop battery dies, or it is killed for some other reason. I know I've
> lost emms cache data due to that before. I recall a thread about
> persisting the cache immediately after edits, but I'm not sure if that
> was implemented or not.

Or one could just add a run-at-times with emms-cache-save in their init
file, like what people do with recentf (the list is saved on emacs quit
but the common suggestion is to save periodically).

Best,
Yuchen

--
PGP Key: 47F9 D050 1E11 8879 9040  4941 2126 7E93 EF86 DFD0
          <https://ypei.org/assets/ypei-pubkey.txt>