Re: Adding a description text property for a track

From: Grant Shangreaux
Subject: Re: Adding a description text property for a track
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2022 15:27:06 -0500

Yoni Rabkin <yoni@rabkins.net> writes:

> Grant Shangreaux <grant@churls.world> writes:
>
>> Yoni Rabkin <yoni@rabkins.net> writes:
>>
>>> The browser should display the cached information. If I add a youtube
>>> link, name it "Wow Gosh Darn", invoke emms-cache-save, restart Emacs,
>>> and add the same link again in a new Emacs session, then it will indeed
>>> show up in the playlist as "Wow Gosh Darn". The browser should reflect
>>> this.
>>
>> yeah you're right. it does reflect it. i must have not properly saved
>> the cache last i tried. another nice feature i just didn't realize was
>> actually there =)
>
> So I guess the question now is: why didn't the cache sync?

if i remember correctly, the cache doesn't save unless you quit Emacs,
or manually ask it to save. Its often that I don't quit Emacs but my
laptop battery dies, or it is killed for some other reason. I know I've
lost emms cache data due to that before. I recall a thread about
persisting the cache immediately after edits, but I'm not sure if that
was implemented or not.

--
Tokṡa ake
Grant Shangreaux