emacs-tangents

Re: 2022-06-06 Emacs news

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: 2022-06-06 Emacs news
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2022 07:06:47 +0200

On 2022-06-08, at 21:19, Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> wrote:

> On June 8, 2022 4:03:23 PM UTC, Marcin Borkowski <mbork@mbork.pl> wrote:
>
>>This.  I unsubscribed from emacs-devel some time ago because of the
>>volume.
>
> Instead, you can use filtering and create email folder just for single
> mailing list. It will not bother you unless you look into the folder.
>
> And I use sorting by thread in Mutt email client, with single key I can
> delete whole of the thread.
>
> With few email settings, reading becomes joy.

OTOH, I use mu4e, which means that (a) I store my emails locally, and
disk space is _not_ infinite, (b) I don't even use "folders" (mu4e is
search-based; of course, I _could_ filter out emacs-devel), and, most
importantly (c) I don't have time to study emacs-devel anyway, so why
should I nourish a hoarding disorder?

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski