emacs-tangents

Re: [ELPA] New package: repology.el

From: Arthur Miller
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: repology.el
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2021 15:46:21 +0100

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

>   > > But... I don't reject appliances in general for possibly having
>   > > nonfree software in them.  If the appliance doesn't talk to a network,
>
>   > Why not? Medical hardware mostly have access to some network to store
>   > patients data nowdays. For the philosophy part, is it clearly stated in
>   > the text it is ok to have some non-free software in hardware?
>
> I've told you my general views on appliances with nonfree software in
> them.  If you want to take a different stance, that's up to you.
> I don't have time to argue about that issue this week.
It is not me not wanting to understand you or taking a different
stance. I am trying to analyze what you said from a
logical/philosophical view. What I am telling is that what you currently
say is leading to a contradiction, which means non consistent
philosophy.

Sure, I understand you don't feel for discussing it, nobody is obliged
to discuss anything they don't want.