emacs-tangents

Re: [ELPA] New package: repology.el

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: repology.el
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2021 16:07:13 -0500

   > You are exagerating.  Nobody is saying don't do research, I'm quite
   > sure you are capable of finding that information on your own.  But it
   > is a different thing for GNU do provide that information for you.

   But GNU software shouldn't help me in research?

In the research of non-free software, obviously no.

   > Compare it to listing weapons on a web page by an organization that is
   > trying to get them removed from the streets...

   Bad comparison. Please refer to the first paragraph of the email you
   were replying to.

Maybe you could explain why it is a bad comparison.  I read the first
paragraph, but I fail to see what your point here is.

If the idea of weapons is what is bother some, one could replace it
with an organization trying to eliminate all polka candy, while still
listing or providing a way to search manufacturers of polka candy.

The point that was tried to be made here is that it isn't a self
serving goal.