Re: columnview dynamic block - different time summing behaviour for EFFO

From: Alexander Adolf
Subject: Re: columnview dynamic block - different time summing behaviour for EFFORT and CLOCKSUM
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2024 18:27:53 +0200

> [...]
> It would make sense then to include `org-quote-vert' call into
> `org-columns--clean-item' then.

Good point. I'll move the call to `org-quote-vert' there.

> [...]
>>  (defun org-columns--capture-view (maxlevel match skip-empty exclude-tags
>> format local)
>>    "Get the column view of the current buffer.
>> +When LOCAL is non-nil, only capture headings in current subtree.  When
>> +LINK is non-nil, item headlines will be linked to their origins.
>
> Looks like you removed the LINK parameter, but forgot to remove its
> description from the docstring.

Ah, ashes to my head for overlooking this. Well spotted!

>> +                           (let ((search (org-link-heading-search-string
>> raw)))
>> +                             (org-link-make-string
>> +                              (if (not (buffer-file-name)) search
>> +                                (format "file:%s::%s" (buffer-file-name)
>> search))
>> +                              cleaned))
>
> This will unconditionally generate file: links, even when the dynamic
> block only refers to headings in the same buffer. The clock tables do
> use internal links when appropriate (see `org-clock-get-table-data').

Um, actually it does exactly the same as `org-clock-get-table-data'
(from where I borrowed the code snippet): it generates file: links in
buffers visiting files, and local links in buffers not visiting any
file.

Perhaps you were looking at a test case in which
`org-clock-get-table-data' gets called in an Org buffer that is not
visiting any file?

> [...]
> I am attaching a patch containing test case making sure that internal
> links are generated when appropriate. The test case is failing with
> the latest version of your patch.
>
> If you can, please add some more tests like mine checking
> `org-columns--clean-item'.
> [...]

Thanks for the springboard hint to get started with adding tests, which
I'm happy to do, of course.

Is there any way for me to run a specific subset of the tests only, for
instance "make test colview", or similar?

Many thanks and cheers,

  --alexander