Re: [Pre-PATCH] Overhaul of the LaTeX preview system

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: [Pre-PATCH] Overhaul of the LaTeX preview system
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 09:23:57 +0700

On 19/04/2024 00:58, Корякин Артём wrote:
     shell-file-name
; "pwsh.exe"
     system-type
; windows-nt
     (w32-shell-dos-semantics)
; nil

I have no idea what style of escaping is expected by pwsh.exe. If it is the same as for cmd.exe then I would try to add it to `w32-system-shells' and would file a bug report against emacs with links to docs. However pwsh.exe as a shell may require dedicated support in Emacs (it it does not lead to other issues).

See emacs sources for details.

and removed shell-quote-argument from org-fc functions[4].

It is no go. Improper escaping leads to vulnerabilities like

https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/CVE-2023-28617
"org-babel-execute:latex in ob-latex.el in Org Mode through 9.6.1 for GNU Emacs allows attackers to execute arbitrary commands via a file name or directory name that contains shell metacharacters."

Sorry for resending this message again. > I forgot to add CC to mailing list.

I you dropped my address in the second copy I would not receive a duplicate.

I don't know how to do this automatically from gnus unfortunately.
I am not a Gnus user. Perhaps it has reply to list and reply to all actions. Unfortunately the message composed in gmail lacks In-Reply-To and Reference headers, and it causes broken thread.