Re: [Pre-PATCH] Overhaul of the LaTeX preview system

From: Karthik Chikmagalur
Subject: Re: [Pre-PATCH] Overhaul of the LaTeX preview system
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 13:04:19 -0700

> I hope I understand correctly how to use this mail-thread. Thank you
> very much for such a great enhancement of Org-mode LaTeX preview
> capabilities. I am on macOS Big Sur and have some troubles with
> dvisvgm preview in your particular fork. Everything works just fine in
> stable release of Org-mode, and in your release dvipng method work
> almost as expected. dvisvgm preview method actually generate svg’s in
> /var/folders/3m…, but don’t make an overlay after all and equation
> environments remain being formatted as text.

Quick check:

1. Is your Emacs compiled with svg support? (on Linux, this means
system-configuration-features will include RSVG)
2. Could you run the function at
https://gist.github.com/karthink/0ac48411a81459c0f3fd7557c4e817db
and supply us with the results?  It should pop up a buffer with some
diagnostics pertaining to LaTeX previews.

Karthik