Re: MathML and ODT export: inline possible?

From: Fraga, Eric
Subject: Re: MathML and ODT export: inline possible?
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 16:01:54 +0000

On Thursday, 18 Apr 2024 at 15:38, Leo Butler wrote:
> Eric,
> I think there is a bug in the way the exporter handles odt fragments.
>
> Explanation: Maxima can print output in mathml.

Oh, this is actually excellent news!  I use maxima all the time...

> But when I export to odt, something weird happens: contents.xml
> contains the fragment of mathml, but it is not displayed in
> libreoffice.

Yes, I found this.  I had to wrap the <math> block within the following
ODT to get anything to display:

<text:p text:style-name="Text_20_body">
<draw:frame draw:style-name="OrgCaptionedFormula" text:anchor-type="paragraph"
draw:name="Frame1">
<draw:object>

MathML goes here

</draw:object>
</draw:frame>
</text:p>

although the styling is weird currently.  I've not yet played with the
style name etc. but I needed all three aspects: paragraph, frame, and
object to get the equation to appear.

> On the other hand, the snippet in the third sub-section, that is saved
> to file,

Yes, the exporter seems to wrap the MML with the types of lines I've
shown above.

I will play with maxima (tomorrow, I think).

Thank you,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga, with org release_9.6.23-1320-g1be2f9 in Emacs 30.0.50