Re: columnview dynamic block - different time summing behaviour for EFFO

From: Alexander Adolf
Subject: Re: columnview dynamic block - different time summing behaviour for EFFORT and CLOCKSUM
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2024 18:37:42 +0200

> Alexander Adolf <alexander.adolf@condition-alpha.com> writes:
>
>>> In fact, CLOCKSUM property does not support custom summaries.
>>
>> ???
>
> AFAIU, you cannot do %CLOCKSUM{max}.

Ah, I see; that's what you meant.

>> [...]
>> Thus, from my point of view, having a :formatter for the columnview
>> dblock would be quite fabulous. 🦄😜
>
> This will not prevent the property values from being changed by column
> view.

Correct. But I don't see that as a problem, as this has been the
behaviour of effort properties since - always.

> In any case, making column views more flexible is welcome.
> [...]

😇 Lure me into contributing a patch? fair enough; I might just as well
give that a try. I presume I'd get some support here on this list?
And/or on IRC (e.g. libera.chat#org-mode)?

I have signed FSF copyright assignment for all of Emacs, so I guess
nothing would need to be done at the paperwork level?

Cheers,

  --alexander