Re: [BUG] org-speed-commands deleting headings when using mark-set [9.5.

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] org-speed-commands deleting headings when using mark-set [9.5.5 (release_9.5.5 @ /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/)]
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2024 18:19:23 +0000

Joe Gilder <joe@homestudiocorner.com> writes:

> I made a quick video demonstrating:
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/jckftu7bi4753b1autt0a/org-bug.mp4?rlkey=nghlh36s84hzz8omo00lbsdlg&dl=0

Thanks for reporting!

I tried

1. emacs -Q
2. M-: (setq org-use-speed-commands t)
3. Open file
* Heading 1
** Subheading
* Heading 2
- list
* Heading 3
* Heading 4

4. Move cursor with "n" down to Heading 2
5. C-<SPC>
6. n n
7. I do not see any problem.

What happens if you repeat my recipe?

P.S.
We prefer text description and to avoid external links when at all
possible.

Not all the readers of the mailing list can see non-text data (we have
blind users). And external links tend to become dead over time, leading
to lost context when one needs to consult the mail archives years later.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,