Re: How to organize tasks about Worg within Worg documents

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: How to organize tasks about Worg within Worg documents
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2024 11:34:27 +0000

Adam Porter <adam@alphapapa.net> writes:

>> May we have some kind of css-based toggle that will enable "developer
>> mode", revealing all the todo keywords, inlinetasks, and notes? Then, we
>> hide the "unfinished" parts from users by default, but let them see what
>> can be contributed?
>
> I like the idea of a visual toggle very much, so I'm certainly in favor
> of that.
>
> I'm not sure that we must have a constraint on the way TODOs are
> written, but having some limitations on or conventions about it might
> make such a visual toggle easier to implement (as well as other tools
> one might use to collect and visualize tasks across the project).

What we may do is the following:
1. Make sure that we stick to the recommended todo keywords, so that
   todo keywords have a known-in-advance class in html export.
2. Put notes into LOGBOOK drawers (set `org-log-into-drawer' in WORG
   dirlocals)
3. Change `org-html-format-drawer-function' during publishing to mark
   the LOGBOOK drawers with a distinct class.
4. Enable org-inlinetask library during publishing.

Then, the CSS switch will involve toggling visibility of (1) todo
keyword classes; (2) inlinetask class; (3) LOGBOOK drawer class.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,