[BUG] org-highlight-latex-and-related naive + script renders links impro

From: Michael Klooss
Subject: [BUG] org-highlight-latex-and-related naive + script renders links improperly
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2024 23:09:39 +0200

Hello,

I have encountered following bug when I set =native= and =script= in =org-highlight-latex-and-related=:
Expected behaviour: Links are displayed as before.
Actual behaviour: If a link contains an underscore (which is quite
common), then a "subscript" is displayed as part of the link.

Example: The link

[[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harmonic_series_(mathematics)][Text]]

is rendered as

_seriesLinkb

with a small "s", and "_series" and "Text" fontified differently, but all of it is still recognized as the link (e.g., highlighted and clickable on mouseover).

Tested on Debian Testing with emacs -Q where:
Emacs : GNU Emacs 29.1 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.38, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2023-08-30, modified by Debian
Package: Org mode version 9.6.6 (release_9.6.6 @ /usr/share/emacs/29.1/lisp/org/)

Additional info:
The bug does not seem to occur when =latex= and =script= is used (but =native= looks better, so I would like to keep it). Considering the much improved readability =org-highlight-latex-and-related= gives for documents with latex mixed in, the malformed link rendering is not a major problem, but confusing nonetheless. So it would be nice if this could be fixed.

Thank you and best,
Michael