Re: Slowness of org-agenda-redo in org 9.7 vs 9.6.7

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Slowness of org-agenda-redo in org 9.7 vs 9.6.7
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2024 12:05:31 +0000

dark.key8799@151e.ai writes:

> Side note about "make repro": it wouldn't load org from the repo.
> Trying to understand why, running "make autoloads", I was expecting
> (perhaps wrongly) that `org-version.el' and `org-loaddefs.el' would be
> generated in the repo directory/sub-directories but that never
> happened (and make didn't output any error). Launching "emacs -Q -l
> init.el" with init.el just having adding the repo to `load-path' and
> requiring org would fail on missing loaddefs.

This is very strange. We try hard to use only GNU make machinery + Emacs
there. May it help to remove local.mk from org git folder?

> Is there a standard procedure to 1/ follow when switching org version and/or
> 2/ clean all byte-compiled/native-compiled files in this kind of situation?

This is normally not required - Emacs package manager should take care
about this. Although, if you have problems with make autoloads and use
Org mode from git folder, I don't know what happens.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,