Re: [possible patch] Remove the '\\[0pt]' string from the last line of a

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: [possible patch] Remove the '\\[0pt]' string from the last line of a verse block in LaTeX export
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2024 12:56:48 +0700

On 20/01/2024 19:41, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
Max Nikulin writes:

To have an additional excuse, it is better to add a note that it is
inspired by pandoc strategy.

I can add it to the code comment, but for different reason. We do not
give "excuses" to make breaking changes -
https://bzg.fr/en/the-software-maintainers-pledge/
But we do keep the flexibility to make changes where Org mode behavior
is undefined. Like in this case.

De-facto \\[0pt] was a breaking change despite formal contracts. I do not consider it as a wrong decision though. It is the case when where was no good choice, instead just ones that may cause some troubles (including leaving everything as is).

I recall some threads (besides ones started by Juan Manuel) where users considered [0pt] as an undesired consequence of some other changes. That is why I wrote "excuse".