Re: [possible patch] Remove the '\\[0pt]' string from the last line of a

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Re: [possible patch] Remove the '\\[0pt]' string from the last line of a verse block in LaTeX export
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2024 10:57:24 +0000

Max Nikulin writes:

> On 18/01/2024 20:05, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
>> With the patch, I am getting the following:[...]
>> \begin{center}
>> \begin{tabular}{lr}
>> {[}foo] & 2\\[0pt]
>> {[}bar] & 3\\[0pt]
>> \end{tabular}
>> \end{center}
>
> It means that [0pt] is not necessary any more. However users will have
> adjust their filters once more. I have no idea if many of them will
> complain concerning {[} where it is not really required.
> (/[omitted]/).
>
> To have an additional excuse, it is better to add a note that it is
> inspired by pandoc strategy.

I agree with the note. Perhaps both strategies could coexist: by
default, Ihor's code; and org-latex-line-break-safe with value "\\\\".
And, after some time, the latter could become obsolete, unless a new
''raison d'etre'' is found for it...

In any case, I would no longer see it necessary to modify
org-latex-verse-block anymore.

Best regards,

Juan Manuel