Re: Org LaTeX Beamer export and the order of loading packages and theme

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Org LaTeX Beamer export and the order of loading packages and theme (XeLaTeX and fonts)
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2024 22:15:19 +0000

"Lennart C. Karssen" <lennart@karssen.org> writes:

> 1) Is there a way to tell Org to export the #+BEAMER_THEME lines before
> anything else?

Yes. You can customize "beamer" class in `org-latex-classes' or define a
custom (for example, "my-beamer") class and add #+LATEX_CLASS: my-beamer
to the Org file.

This will give you full control over the preamble layout.

> 2) Is there a reason why the Beamer theme options are exported after
> other LaTeX packages? Wouldn't it be better to export the Beamer theme
> options before loading additional packages? The reason for that being
> that the theme sets defaults, which can then (potentially) be altered by

No specific reason that I am aware of.
Your suggestion sounds reasonable, but I'd like to hear from our LaTeX
experts first ;)

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,