Re: Real-time, granular synchronization of .org files across devices?

From: Ant
Subject: Re: Real-time, granular synchronization of .org files across devices?
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2024 17:49:36 +0100

> Single threading is not an issue. In fact, Emacs already has
> https://code.librehq.com/qhong/crdt.el that provides live collaborative
> editing. In theory, you might even make crdt.el work on your phone with
> the new official Emacs Android port. Might be tricky though.

That's really impressive!

> You can try https://github.com/bcpierce00/unison
> Also, there is https://github.com/Artawower/orgnote.el (still in early
> development).

Unison appears to allow to set custom conflict resolution
methods. That's neat, but the whole synchronization process is not
automatic but must be initiated by the user. Might rather go the git
route at this point.

The orgnote project looks really awesome. A synchronization server would
greatly benefit Org Mode (However, if a CRDT based mechanism were ever to
be implemented and a parser would be needed, I wonder if it would be as
featureful as the Emacs bundled Org Element API). I'm gonna keep a close
eye at it.

Thank you for pointing out these two solutions. I wasn't aware of these before