Real-time, granular synchronization of .org files across devices?

From: Ant
Subject: Real-time, granular synchronization of .org files across devices?
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2024 13:26:28 +0100

Hi,

I've been using Emacs+Org Mode on my Linux and Android devices
for some time now and have been encountering some little synchronization
issues that have made it difficult for me to use Org as a task manager.

I've encountered no big issues regarding long documents or note writing, but
due to the frequently interleaved sessions between my laptop and my
smartphone - sometimes in areas without Internet connection -  it is kind of
frequent
to have conflicting files generated from SyncThing among my Org agenda (task)
files, which are edited way more frequently.

One such concrete instance of this problem is when I clock-in an
entry from my smartphone and then try to edit another entry from my
laptop with no Internet connection.  Syncthing has no way to perform an
automatic conflict resolution and couldn't care less if the edits on the
.org file are disjointed or not.

Git can deal with conflicting files line-wise and apparently many users do use
it, but having to deal with pulling and pushing each time does not look
compelling and it also does not look intended for automatic synchronization.

Org mode looks incredibly versatile as a task manager and no alternative
turns out to be on par, but the synchronization issues grudgingly strive me from
using it. I'm writing this message to ask you if there's some
alternative solution I've not considered yet.

Alternatively, I'd also like to now if there could be in the future
solutions like obsidian-livesync
(https://github.com/vrtmrz/obsidian-livesync) which apparently allow to
perform live synchronization over multiple writes on the same file. I
don't really need to know if someone will work on it (which is obviously
unpredictable) but rather if it would be feasible or if Emacs (being
single threaded, for example) and Org could instead be a blocker.

Thank you in advance for your answers.
Cheers.