Re: Unclear where ob-spice.el is being maintained

From: Christopher M. Miles
Subject: Re: Unclear where ob-spice.el is being maintained
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2023 11:34:42 +0800

Jonas Bernoulli <jonas@bernoul.li> writes:

> Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> writes:
>
>> Jonas Bernoulli <jonas@bernoul.li> writes:
>>
>>> In 2022 I changed Melpa to get ob-spice.el from
>>> https://repo.or.cz/ob-spice.git in response to
>>> https://github.com/melpa/melpa/issues/7872#issuecomment-1034945112.
>>
>> The last discussion was back in 2020
>> https://list.orgmode.org/orgmode/CAL1eYuL8zzG-FdEedOVbvm1cfc8W6ajWFr7cthvgs8oWDwj+Qw@mail.gmail.com/
>
> Bastien replied to that mentioning only one of the listed packages,
> which left me wondering "what about the others?".
>
>> However, your reference is 2022.
>> So, unless Christopher has something to say,
>> https://repo.or.cz/ob-spice.git is the last known active maintenance
>> location. The last commit is 2022
>> https://repo.or.cz/ob-spice.git/shortlog, and includes more changes
>> compared to ob-spice version in org-contrib.
>
> I came to the same conclusion but because ob-spice had not been removed
> from org-contrib, I wasn't sure.  Ihor, could you please remove it from
> org-contrib now?

I have already forget whether I taken the ob-spice maintaining task like
other libraries. So I'm not sure about it. I'm not work on this library
currently. From git log history, I'm the last maintainer. If you want to
maintain it or avoid duplicate, you can ask Bastien to remove it.

> Stardiviner, the readme in your repository still claims that the package
> is being maintained in two other locations.  Please remove that outdated
> information.

I have not found claimed two other locations in my README. Maybe I
missed out. Can you point out?

--

[ stardiviner ]
I try to make every word tell the meaning that I want to express without

Blog: https://stardiviner.github.io/
IRC(libera.chat, freenode): stardiviner, Matrix: stardiviner
GPG: F09F650D7D674819892591401B5DF1C95AE89AC3