Re: [POLL] Should we accept breaking changes to get rid of Org libraries

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [POLL] Should we accept breaking changes to get rid of Org libraries that perform side effects when loading?
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2023 11:44:29 +0000

Bastien Guerry <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

>> ************************* TODO Consider explaining more about X
>> <paragraph N>
>>
>> <...>
>>
>> Then, I can easily review the manuscript status using sparse tree or
>> agenda view.
>
> I see -- but what is the real benefit of inline tasks here over normal
> tasks?  I understand that <paragraph N> should not be considered as
> the details for a task, but rather its "target", but inline task does
> not seem to add much here.

The benefit is that I do not need to search for that "paragraph N" when
I want to work on the task. I simply jump to the task location and can
immediately see the paragraph it refers to.

Also, pdf export of such inlinetask will nicely mark the TODO item in
the manuscript draft, so that I can print things, and still see what
should be done in that particular location of the manuscript.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,