Re: Wider margins on text, but no margins on tables?

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Wider margins on text, but no margins on tables?
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2023 11:40:26 +0000

William Denton <wtd@pobox.com> writes:

> But for tables it can be a problem because sometimes I have a table that i
> want
> as wide as possible.  Is there a way to have tables fit inside the
> margin-width
> settings until they get too wide, then expand out?  That way a small table
> isn't
> flush left, but a big one is.

No easy way, AFAIK. You may probably hook into
`window-size-change-functions' to calculate margins dynamically. See
`olivetti-mode' for an example how to use this hook.

> Or perhaps there is a way to set Org tables to have margin-widths of 0, so it
> would be:  narrowed paragraph, narrowed paragraph, table flush left, narrowed
> paragraph.

AFAIK, window margins are set for the whole window. They are fixed. The
best you can do it creating artificial margins by setting paragraph
line-prefix/wrap-prefix property +
https://codeberg.org/joostkremers/visual-fill-column

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,