Re: [BUG?] Matching tags: & operator no more implicit between tags and s

From: Jens Schmidt
Subject: Re: [BUG?] Matching tags: & operator no more implicit between tags and special property
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2023 12:21:16 +0200

Thanks for the detailed report!

On 2023-08-23  09:57, Samuel Loury wrote:

> The following tags query used to implicitly behave as a AND
> "-tag-TODO=\"TODO\"".

> Before commit f689eb44f175fbbdc4e8ef0ad6f5201b10863438, this showed only
> "nothing", as expected.

That was my short-sighted attempt to allow for unquoted minus signs
in property names, and your query right now matches all entries having
a property "tag-TODO" different from "TODO".  TBH, I didn't think
about your use case, where two negations are concatenated directly
after each other.

OTOH, the unquoting ("\\-") that has been in place before above commit
was broken, which might serve as a hint that few to none actually use
minus signs in property names, at least not in queries.

Ihor, WDYT?  I can (with the necessary delay to allow for proper
testing) revert to some sort of quoting in property names which would
allow for Samuel's use case again.