"Footnote" section line spacing is weird

From: James Harkins
Subject: "Footnote" section line spacing is weird
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2023 15:51:49 +0800

Org-mode 9.5.2 (packaged with Ubuntu 22.04).

I've noticed this for awhile -- wondering if this has changed in a more recent
version.

Let's say I have, at the bottom of a document:

```
* Footnotes

[fn:......] lorem ipsum...
```

Somewhere else in the document, I do C-c C-x f.

Then I see:

```
* Footnotes

[fn:---------]
[fn:......] lorem ipsum...
```

I believe it would make more sense like this:

```
* Footnotes

[fn:---------]

[fn:......] lorem ipsum...
```

That is:

- Expected: Position the cursor at the beginning of the first footnote (before
the bracket). Then insert a new footnote ID followed by two newlines.

- Actual: Position the cursor at the beginning of the first footnote (before
the bracket). Then insert a newline, a new footnote ID, and another newline.

User impact is that if I don't edit the newlines by hand every time, eventually
I end up with:

```
* Footnotes:

[fn:xxx]
[fn:yyy]
[fn:zzz]
```

... which... does not strike me as a deliberate result.

Easily reproducible, every time.

In org-customize > Footnote, I don't see a variable related to the insertion
template.

hjh