Re: Worg: issue with org-tools page

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Worg: issue with org-tools page
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2023 13:46:24 +0000

Bastien Guerry <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> writes:
>
>> May it be enough to drop --quick in Emacs call from publish.sh instead
>> of manually adding system-installed Emacs packages?
>
> Indeed.  Please go ahead: experimental commits won't hurt much.

Done.
https://git.sr.ht/~bzg/worg/commit/01f6d31a

>> May we just set #+PROPERTY: header-args :eval no-export across
>> examples?
>
> Sure, please go ahead as you see fit!

Done.
https://git.sr.ht/~bzg/worg/commit/8370cbd7

A number of code blocks never evaluated even in the past. In particular,
for org-contrib/babel/foo-doc.org files. I have enabled evaluation for
the files where we already load ob-foo, but not for others. To keep
status quo. But we may consider not evaluating anything in there and
instead relying upon the original results present in the .org sources.
At the end, WORG publishing is not our CI test pipeline.

I already had to work around some ESS bug to make things publish with
Emacs 29:
https://git.sr.ht/~bzg/worg/commit/4976d418

And I can see that it is not all yet. There is some major change in the
latest ESS that is causing ob-R to fail (see our latest R session test
failures in sr.ht CI). It is also preventing publishing because Org
attempts to evaluate some R code blocks, fails, and gives up.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,