Re: Worg: issue with org-tools page

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: Worg: issue with org-tools page
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2023 18:31:45 +0700

On 05/08/2023 19:23, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
Max Nikulin writes:

I was trying to modify publish.sh to collect errors up to a reasonable
number, a draft is attached.
Currently it just prints summary of failures. When allowed failures
count is exceeded, it fails immediately.

./publish.sh --maxfail 32

I am not sure why it would be useful to limit the number of errors to
anything other than 0/infinity.

You have agreed that aborting of upload on any error may be disappointing when the error was introduced by another person.

If there are dozens of failures then something serious has happened either with Org or with Worg and it is a reason to not upload partial results.

I believe that list of 5-10 failed files is suitable for notification failure (e-mail, instant messaging, etc.).

Note that I just pushed an alternative (but very similar) change in
https://git.sr.ht/~bzg/worg/commit/b38a1f08

It fails on first error. I find a report containing several errors much more helpful for figuring out what has actually happened. On the other hand there should be a strong reason to read all errors when there are hundreds one.

P.S. You have not documented that your approach abuses --debug-init standard Emacs option.