Re: Worg: issue with org-tools page

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: Worg: issue with org-tools page
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2023 23:12:49 +0700

On 30/07/2023 16:16, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
The problem with dependencies is only there for local builds and that's
probably the motivation of the `condition-case' I proposed to change in
my patch.

Worg is a set of independent documents, so fail on first error in CI is reasonable mostly only if a commit may be pushed to the main branch when it can be built cleanly (a kind of pre-commit check). Otherwise a contributor may have to struggle with a problem introduced by another person in a completely unrelated file.

I am unsure if another workflow is suitable for Worg and SourceHut: changes are pushed to branches. A branch can be merged only if it can be built successfully. With such approach fail of first error may work.

I hope, there is a better way to address the issue with failure notifications.

Without my patch, missing dependencies will simply fail to
export some .org sources - nothing to worry about unless the file being
edited is the one that requires missing dependency.

I would set a limit of about a dozen of failures till build process is not aborted.