Re: [BUG] WORG example for ob-lilypond is no longer working as described

From: Jonathan Gregory
Subject: Re: [BUG] WORG example for ob-lilypond is no longer working as described (was: Moving some lisp/ob-*.el files to org-contrib - your advice?)
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2023 09:35:31 -0300

On 26 Jul 2023, Ihor Radchenko wrote:

Ok. That fix has been already installed. https://git.sr.ht/~bzg/worg/commit/6f69d212f41bc372426dc9b4df286638fe8f2a92

To the extent of the lilypond.org file, yes, but only if the output is a PDF. My suggestion is to revert that commit and incorporate the changes into ob-lilypond.

The other patch for ob-lilypond itself does not appear to be necessary. I though that you are trying to extend ob-lilypond in that patch. If not, I still do not understand its purpose. I assume that it should be ignored.

No, the ob-lilypond patch is needed. It allows users to generate music fragments (as opposed to a full page) in basic mode using pdf, eps, and png.

Anyway, I can add version and paper settings as well, but those are user settings and I'm not sure that hard-coding them is a good idea. What I don't like is having to repeat <<version-and-paper>> everywhere. Is there a way of telling org-mode to insert a noweb reference from the header? Something like:

#+PROPERTY: header-args:lilypond :prepend <<version-and-paper>>

There is :prologue standard header argument. However, it is currently not supported by ob-lilypond. (which is a bug)

Can you show me how that's done in elisp? I would expect the last block to output "foobar".

#+begin_src elisp :noweb-ref test
(setq x "foo" y "bar")
#+end_src

#+begin_src elisp :prologue <<test>> :noweb yes
(concat x y)
#+end_src

--
Jonathan