Re: [BUG] WORG example for ob-lilypond is no longer working as described

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] WORG example for ob-lilypond is no longer working as described (was: Moving some lisp/ob-*.el files to org-contrib - your advice?)
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2023 08:15:44 +0000

Jonathan Gregory <jgrg@autistici.org> writes:

> On 22 Jul 2023, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
>
>> I guess I do not fully understand what your patch is trying to
>> achieve. I thought that the patch would make it not necessary to
>> write some extra boilerplate code, like \version or specifying
>> the page size.
>
> The purpose of the patch was to fix the problem described in
> https://masto.ai/@rfc1149/110674961710491363. I wasn't trying to
> introduce anything new.

Ok. That fix has been already installed.
https://git.sr.ht/~bzg/worg/commit/6f69d212f41bc372426dc9b4df286638fe8f2a92

The other patch for ob-lilypond itself does not appear to be necessary.
I though that you are trying to extend ob-lilypond in that patch. If
not, I still do not understand its purpose. I assume that it should be
ignored.

> Anyway, I can add version and paper settings as well, but those
> are user settings and I'm not sure that hard-coding them is a good
> idea. What I don't like is having to repeat <<version-and-paper>>
> everywhere. Is there a way of telling org-mode to insert a noweb
> reference from the header? Something like:
>
> #+PROPERTY: header-args:lilypond :prepend <<version-and-paper>>

There is :prologue standard header argument. However, it is currently
not supported by ob-lilypond. (which is a bug)

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,