Re: [BUG] Warning (org-element-cache): Org parser error (error "Invalid

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] Warning (org-element-cache): Org parser error (error "Invalid search bound (wrong side of point)")
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2023 18:15:43 +0000

Bhavin Gandhi <bhavin7392@gmail.com> writes:

> I see this error now and then (mostly once or twice a day) while using
> Org Agenda. I think this happens either while saving the file, or
> clocking out, or some combination of these two. I haven't spent time on
> figuring out the exact sequence of actions.
>
> ⛔ Warning (org-element-cache): org-element--cache: Warning(file.org):
> Org parser error in file.org::#<marker at 1029755 in file.org>.
> Resetting.
>  The error was: (error "Invalid search bound (wrong side of point)")

Thanks for the report!
May you increase your org-element--cache-diagnostics-ring-size 10x and
try to record the backtrace again?
I can see that org-data boundaries are incorrect (not at point-max), but
cannot track down when exactly the boundaries are not updated properly.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,