[BUG] Linking SCHEDULED and DEADLINE repeating timestamps to avoid desyn

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: [BUG] Linking SCHEDULED and DEADLINE repeating timestamps to avoid desynchronization
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2023 11:30:01 +0000

"J. G." <jerzor@pacbell.net> writes:

> * TODO My late recurring todoSCHEDULED: <2023-04-12 Wed ++1w> DEADLINE:
> <2023-04-13 Thu ++1w>
> Right now it is Wednesday (2023-04-26 to be precise), and as shown above, my
> task had a scheduled timestamp on a Wednesday from a previous week. The
> repeater is ++1w, so marking the task as done bumps it to repeat on Wednesday
> of next week (2023-05-03 to be precise). That functions as expected.
> But the deadline timestamp is on a Thursday of a previous week with a
> repeater of ++1w, so marking the task as done bumps it to Thursday of
> this week (2023-04-27 to be precise). So marking it as done it has the
> logical but unexpected result of having the scheduled timestamp for a
> date (2023-05-03) after the deadline timestamp (2023-04-27).

Confirmed.
I think it makes sense to have a special case for scheduled and
deadlines, making sure that they shift by the same number of days in
future, when their repeaters are the same.

However, I do not think that it should be done for all other timestamps
under heading.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,