Re: "Indent headline data" is indenting non-headline-data

From: Ruijie Yu
Subject: Re: "Indent headline data" is indenting non-headline-data
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2023 09:30:13 +0800

"\"James Harkins\" " <jamshark70@zoho.com> writes:

> I just discovered a strange auto-indentation behavior. Org 9.5.2.
>
> I'm currently using org to draft a paper.
>
> I have set org-adapt-indentation to "adapt indentation for headline data
> lines."
>
> Now I have (just stealing some body text):
>
> ```
> * Headline
>
> When this variable is set to ‘headline-data’, Org only adapts the
> indentation of the data lines right below the headline, such as
> planning/clock lines and property/logbook drawers.
> ```
>
> If I position the cursor at the end of this paragraph, after "drawers.", and
> I hit return twice to start a new paragraph, org does not indent (as I
> expect).
>
> If I position the cursor in the middle of the paragraph and hit return twice
> to break the paragraph into two, upon the second return, org *does* indent by
> two spaces.
>
> Uh. What?
>
> Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what is the definition of "headline data lines,"
> but this looks to me like it's body text. Why is it being indented?
>
> hjh

Reproducible in built-in Org (9.5.5 release) from Emacs 28.2, but
unreproducible in latest Org main branch (release_9.6.4-329-g466a37).
So, assuming that this indeed is a bug, it has been fixed, but the fix
is not present in your version.  Maybe you can try to install Org from
elpa and see if that helps?

--
Best,

RY

[Please note that this mail might go to spam due to some
misconfiguration in my mail server -- still investigating.]